Since last week the latest version of Analysis Office is available. I installed it right away and want to test it. And what I have to see? You cann't add hierarchies into the rows or columns of your crosstab. I tried to record it maybe you can see it in the video below.
Does nobody test basic functions before releasing a new version? But they also fixed some bugs from previous versions.
- Analysis Office: Red borders around valid new line cells (s-note 2831840)
- AO: Documents opened from a BI Platform system are not displayed in Recent Documents List of AO (s-note 2848548)
- Analyis Office: Content of new line cells is overwritten by content of other crosstab cells when opening workbook (s-note 2861063)
- Analysis Office: Design rules formats of master crosstab not applied to dependent crosstab (s-note 2849041)
- Analysis Office: Exception when closing workbook in case 'Remove Data Before Saving' is active (s-note 2854979)
- Analysis Office: Inconsistent behavior if RSADMIN parameter BICS_NEW_LINE_CHECK_ENABLED is set to blank or not existing (s-note 2844345)
- Analysis Office: Performance Tuning (s-note 2821386)
- Error after assigning attributes or while dragging them (s-note 2852220)
- Filter of a planning function not set (s-note 2851131)
- Grouped Crosstabs: \"No Applicable Data\" in all Cells of the Dependants (s-note 2858675)
- Login to SAC System fails due to not receiving a valid X-XSRF token from the root url (s-note 2853284)
- New Lines - Value suggestion is not working for cell if display is combination of Text and Key (s-note 2859180)
- New Lines and Format Cells entries not disabled in context menu while running Analysis for Office in embedded Excel (s-note 2860401)
- RFC_METADATA error after upgrading BW server (client part) (s-note 2861026)
- Refresh does not work when refreshing via Workbook_SAP_Initialize event (s-note 2848410)
- Scheduling fails if Workbook contains several Styles Definitions for same Name (s-note 2840608)
I hope SAP will release soon a serivce pack 1 for Analysis Office 2.8 and fix the problem with the hierarchy, because at the moment Analysis Office 2.8 is not useable.
As described in the comments, it works on SAP BW 7.5 SP11 and my test was on a SAP BW 7.5 SP16.
These posts might also be interesting:
You want to know Analysis Office in Detail?
- In my newsletter you get informed about new topics
- You learn how to use Analysis Office
- You get tips and tricks about SAP BI topics
- You get the chapter 3 of my ebook Analysis Office - The Comprehensive Guide for free
You want to know SAP Analysis Office in a perfect detail?
You want to know how to build an Excel Dashboard with your Query in Analysis Office?
You want to know how functions in SAP Analysis Office works?
Then you have to take a look into Analysis Office - The Comprehensive Guide. Either as a video course or as a ebook.