Since last week Analysis for Office 2.8 SP8 is available, and you can download it with your S-User. I just got a question if I could write about it, so here are the notes which fixes some bugs:
- AO 2.x: Template for patch for AO and AO_SAC (s-note 3035301)
- AO: SAC Live Data Connections - Input Readiness of BW planning queries can't get restored when opening a saved workbook (s-note 3038493)
- Array formula cannot be updated via VBA (s-note 3017643)
- BW OLAP Connection in Analysis Office Workbook Targets a Wrong System after Promotion (s-note 2972912)
- Date format in AfO Schedule different than normal run (s-note 3001137)
- New Lines - Value Help exception while opening if search is disabled [f197-731f-8e] (s-note 3019161)
- SAPSetData: Introduced Option \"InitValue\" (s-note 3028120)
So you see the latest update of Analysis for Office don't fix very much. I think SAP is almost done with Analysis for Office, because the what's new guide only shows two new features:
- SAP Analytics Cloud Live Data connections
- Technical Setting DisableBWDirectSearch
So the product is almost finished? What is still with a connection to Data Warehouse Cloud?
I am Tobias, I write this blog since 2014, you can find me on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and YouTube. I work as a Senior Business Warehouse Consultant. In 2016, I wrote the first edition of Analysis Office - The Comprehensive Guide. If you want, you can leave me a PayPal coffee donation. You can also contact me directly if you want.
- In my newsletter you get informed about new topics
- You learn how to use Analysis Office
- You get tips and tricks about SAP BI topics
- You get the first 3 chapters of my ebook Analysis Office - The Comprehensive Guide for free
You want to know SAP Analysis Office in a perfect detail?
You want to know how to build an Excel Dashboard with your Query in Analysis Office?
You want to know how functions in SAP Analysis Office works?
Then you have to take a look into Analysis Office - The Comprehensive Guide. Either as a video course or as a ebook.