Since a couple of days the latest version of Analysis for Office 2.8 is available. Michael was a little bit faster and notice it on twitter before me. So let's look into it. SAP fixes a bunch of bugs with this service pack. Here is an overview:
- AO 4 SAC: \"Group Members\" functionality not available when using BW Live Data Connections (s-note 2962476)
- AO: BEx Workbook Conversion - An exception occurs when trying to save a converted BEx workbook which contains formulas (s-note 2965890)
- Action has been cancelled due to invalid input values (s-note 2958731)
- Analysis for office responds slow in AO 2.8 (s-note 2966651)
- BIP Logon Issues (s-note 2976169)
- BIP OLAP Connection targeting another system (s-note 2972912)
- BIP Workbook fails to save back to the platform (s-note 2963966)
- Error [3291-74de-1b] when using Excel with Traditional Chinese or ClientLanguage is set to \"ZF\" (s-note 2967800)
- Exception when the Number of NewLines is set to 0 (s-note 2961082)
- Exception when using an embedded sheet in Word (s-note 2966861)
- Filter Dialog - Change state of Tree Node if its text was clicked (s-note 2938903)
- Input has invalid format error when using exponential / scientific notation in new lines (s-note 2971200)
- Insecure Connection Message with BIP OLAP (s-note 2967910)
- New Lines - F4 help does not display member of respective cell (s-note 2963872)
- Refresh All button is disabled for AO workbook (s-note 2969805)
- Refresh Workbook with BIP OLAP SSO Connection Fails in Analysis Office (s-note 2957833)
- SAC Logon Error in Analysis Office - No connection to system INA_SAC (s-note 2964461)
- SAP Formulas in Scheduled Workbooks are Displayed as #NAME? in Excel (s-note 2765716)
- Saving a workbook results in a nested exception [e525-fb53-d4] (s-note 2966368)
A lot of s-notes for a Service Pack 5. I hope Analysis for Office will get a stable version again. Do you have any problems with Analysis Office?
These posts might also be interesting:
I am Tobias, I write this blog since 2014, you can find me on twitter, facebook and youtube. I work as a Senior Business Warehouse Consultant. In 2016 I wrote the first edition of Analysis Office - The Comprehensive Guide. If you want you can leave me a paypal coffee donation. You can also contact me directly if you want.
- In my newsletter you get informed about new topics
- You learn how to use Analysis Office
- You get tips and tricks about SAP BI topics
- You get the first 3 chapters of my ebook Analysis Office - The Comprehensive Guide for free
You want to know SAP Analysis Office in a perfect detail?
You want to know how to build an Excel Dashboard with your Query in Analysis Office?
You want to know how functions in SAP Analysis Office works?
Then you have to take a look into Analysis Office - The Comprehensive Guide. Either as a video course or as a ebook.