Here is a short overview about the new features of Analysis Office 2.3
- The Analysis Office API has been extended. It is now possible to save data and to open workbooks. So you are now able to open workbooks via VBA macro, as then with sapbex.xla!SAPBExReadWorkbook or BExAnalyzer.xla!runWorkbook .
- It is now possible to cancel long-running queries
- You can now rename dimensions, attributes and measures
- There is now an option in the context menu of the components tab, which allows you to logoff from a BW system. This was previously only via VBA API possible. According to this SCN thread it isn't the identical as in Bex Analyzer 3.5/7.0 because you have to replace the system and then reconnect to another system.
- It is now possible to add filter values via upload of a text file. I believe it was already in Analysis Office 2.2 SP3 available. I will create a detailed post soon.
- You can create restricted measures on the fly in Analysis Office, but you need BW 7.5 SP4 to do this
- The sheet protection is provided for the next release in Q4
- There is a new report type in the transaction RSBBS called "Analysis Office" available, which allows you to jump from Design Studio into an Analysis Office workbook.
- There is also a new Table Design Rule Editor.
I think there is some cool new stuff in AO 2.3 available. Can't wait to see the next version.
These posts might also be interesting:
Analysis Office - The Comprehensive Guide 5th edit
The book SAP Analysis Office - The Comprehensive Guide by Tobias Meyer is a pdf book about SAP Analysis for Office. It is based on Analysis for Office 2.8 and contains 346 Pages.
Analysis Office - The Comprehensive Guide 4th edit
Analysis Office - The Comprehensive Guide is a pdf book about SAP BusinessObjects Analysis Office. It is based on Analysis Office 2.7 and contains 299 Pages.
Analysis Office - The Comprehensive Guide 3rd edit
Analysis Office - The Comprehensive Guide is a pdf book about SAP BusinessObjects Analysis Office. It is based on Analysis Office 2.6 and contains 272 Pages.